"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Sep 1994 16:56:00 EDT
It is my understanding (urban legend?) that large multinational
companies check their acroynms for their company and products
to make sure they don't mean something "nasty" in other languages.

Did "Exxon" change their names from "Esso" because of that?

I wonder about FQDNs and their literal meaning (somewhere).

I guess there is a new business opportunity, besides the one
selling FQDNs that has been "on the wire" of late.

Murph: you up to it? ;-)

/Pete