"H. Stephen Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 22:33:01 -0500
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Aldo-Pier Solari wrote:

> FYI.  I take the liberty to forward the message below as it concerns
> academic list owners in  general.   Madame  Caroline  Nachman,  from
> Squarenotes.com  (a  software  corporation,  whatever), who has been
> expelled from FISH-ECOLOGY due to the repeated violation of our Aims
> &  Rules  (announcement  guidelines),   accuses  of  corruption  and
> threatens, in her message, the academic listowner core.  Please, see
> lines 42-48, etc.  in this message.  Thank you.
>
>      Aldo-Pier Solari/lstownr. FISH-ECOLOGY.
>
> Forwarded message follows:
<stuff deleted>
> ]                 Caroline Nachman  <[log in to unmask]>
> ] || Sci-Fi! Caroline's reviews of all-time-best science fiction movies.
> ] || Open "http://sqn.com" or email "[log in to unmask]". Enjoy!

If this .signature file is why you kicked Ms. Nachman off your list, then
I must say that I don't see what the problem is.  The web page in question
offers a free software package (which isn't mentioned in the .sig anyway)
and some reviews of science fiction movies.  Not very "commercial," if you
ask me.

On the other hand, public posting of a private e-mail message without
permission of the sender is a violation of copyright and an incredibly
serious breach of netiquette; it's an offense that would get you booted
from more than a few lists.  I have a sneaking suspicion that you didn't
ask Ms. Nachman for permission to post her note here ...

steve

H. Stephen Wright                                        Music Library
[log in to unmask]                          Northern Illinois University