Sylvie McGee <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 06:20:17 -0800
I should clarify that when I said I occasionally edit messages - I do so
*only* on direct request of subscribers....Generally, when we have been
engaged in moderation discussions with subscribers, we ask them to
resubmit any changes they have decided to make, so that we can bounce a
"clean" copy....Occasionally, especially if I know that it is someone who,
err, finds the operation of e-mail a technical challenge (they can't find
their sent-messages folder) I will make *small* changes (like adding their
signature line if they have forgotten to include it, or changing/deleting
single words or phrases at their request.

Our policy is that we do not edit at all....however, when I have exchanged
a string of 4 messages with a subscriber trying to help them figure out
how to pull up and edit their own, sometimes it is simpler to just accede
to their request that I do it for them....

Sylvie McGee
Co-Administrator - Quaker-L/Quaker-P
University Friends' Meeting - Seattle WA