Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 00:57:19 EDT
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996 11:09:00 +0100 E.R.Kooi said:
>> Note again though: the count is reset EACH time the list is freed as well as
>> as at the start of a new day.
>> Also note that when a daily limit is reached the list isn't automatically
>> freed the next day - the list owner has to do that.

>In the first alinea Bill states, that the list is freed at 00.00
>o'clock, while in the second alinea he states, that the list is not
>freed the next day. Here I am at a loss as to how to interprete the two
>statements correctly.  Could you expand the difference a bit more?

Not exactly.  The list is NOT freed at midnight but the number of posts
for the list is reset to zero at midnight.  Thus if a list with a daily
limit of 50 has 40 posts one day, the count is reset to zero at midnight.

If the list had 51, the list is held at post 51.  The count is reset to
zero at midnight, but the list is still held till you free it.

Bill