Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:10:55 -0400
> I am guessing that the CHANGE request does NOT delete the old account,  but
> in the interim gives the new account temporary permission to send  posts
> subject to approval.

No -- if you submit a CHANGE request via e-mail from your old (subscribed)
address, you'll have to respond to the confirmation request before the
CHANGE goes through.  Until then, there is no change in your subscription
status.  Your messages from your GMAIL.COM address were being moderated
because that's the default setting for the LSTOWN-L list -- new
subscribers and non-subscribed addresses get moderated until the list
owner turns off the REVIEW option for them (in order to keep spam off the
list).  Messages with a subject line of "plz ignore" are not likely to be
approved for distribution ;-)

I have manually updated your subscription to the new address -- all of
your previous subscription options are intact.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Read news, tips, and other information in our 'LISTSERV at Work'
archives at <http://www.lsoft.com/news/newsletter-us.asp>