Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:37:34 -0700
At 04:14 PM 1/20/97 EST, you wrote:
>>>I've been getting more and more junk mail - people trying to sell me
>>>something.  How do you stop it?  I've followed their instructions to reply
>>>with unsubscribe or whatever code word they say, but I keep getting this
>>>stuff, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm gatewayed through some list -
>>>perhaps *this* one.
>
>Join the club ... and the LISTERV(R) list: SPAM-L, which
>discusses just those things you're asking about.

This list is open and unmoderated, I'm quite sure.  And, I would HOPE that
as listowners, we'd know enough about spam to know that bitching about it
TO THE LIST is counterproductive at best.

cheers

cyclops, listowner of a bunch of them

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.