Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 08:09:36 -0500
Skip:

FYI

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997 [log in to unmask] wrote:

>         I am looking for links to:

>                         b.      Specific information about the
>                         different types (listserv, majordomo, etc.).

        I don't know whether it's available on the web, but Jim Milles'
file called mailser.cmd that used to be available from the Nettrain list
provides the best concise information I know of concerning the
different commands one uses to subscribe, stop mail, get a list of
subscribers, etc. on about five or six different kinds of listserving
software, including listserv, listproc, majordomo, mailbase, and one or
two others.

>                 III.    Sites that publicize the existence of lists
>                 (such as http://www.liszt.com).

The best source of information I know for women-related e-mail lists
(she says, blushing modestly :-) ) is my frequently-updated, annotated
listing called Gender-Related Electronic Forums.  It includes almost 300
lists and has received positive notice from The Scout Report, U.S. News &
World Report, and some others.  It includes a dozen topical sub-sections
to make it easier to find lists in a given area such as Arts & Humanities,
Science & Technology, Sexuality/Sexual Orientation, Women of Color, etc.
The URL: http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/forums.html .

        Hope this helps.

        Joan Korenman

*    Joan Korenman                [log in to unmask]                         *
*    U. of Md. Baltimore County                                             *
*    Baltimore, MD 21250          http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/                 *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *

mailto:[log in to unmask]      Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg; University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA
(Please use my new e-mail address - no M/Frame mail)