Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:13:01 -0500
While we're on the topic--
I manage 30+ lists and have taken the time to follow up with users who
experience similar "hackings"-- I thought I'd share what I've learned:
-pretty much all are either AOL or Yahoo users;
-in all cases it could not be ruled out that those users had selected
very simple and very easy to guess passwords.  By "could not be ruled
out" I mean that some admitted it, and some did not deny it, which is
about the best you can get without asking folks outright what the 'bad'
password was.
I always include a link or two like this one:

http://www.whatsmypass.com/the-top-500-worst-passwords-of-all-time

when communicating with these "victims."
Hope that helps . . .
Howard
Chicago