Kenneth Udut <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 20:23:50 -0400
In article <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote:
> Of course you can "up" the confirm-delay via list definition
> header
>
> * Confirm-Delay= xx H
>
> (I have mine set at 71 h)

Ah!  With this new-found knowledge (Thanks!), I will definately
consider the confirmation request as a future possibility for
MINISTRY and Y-RIGHTS.

> I am of the opinion that the CONFIRMATION dialog is likened
> to a driver's test, but for e-mail users.  If they can't follow
> the instructions, then there are going to be more "accidents"
> than if they can follow the instructions.

That's true.  I like this line of thinking.

> As far as SPAM is concerned, what is worse is all those folks
> complaining about the SPAM to everyone who already received
> the first unsolicited copy.
>
> You also tend to alienate your subscribers who have to put
> up will a mal-managed list, and who will tend to unsubscribe
> from it e.g., like I have done to- and by- others.

So far, there hasn't been problems of this nature on these lists,
but it's definately a possibility at some point.

> These things should be put into your decision matrix when
> considering to confirm or not confirm (that is the question) ;-)
>
> /Pete Weiss
>  Penn State

Thank you for the further clarifications!

        Ken
listowner of [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

In the midst of great joy, do not promise anyone anything.
In the midst of great anger, do not answer anyone's letter.
- Chinese Proverb