"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 25 May 1997 15:03:53 -0400
>If "user unkown", then deletion would be appropriate.  If "can't send"
>delay
>message, simply waiting is enough.  Etc.  Just making a summary judgement
>based
>on a piece of mail containing this X-header is not possible.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>Larry

I've actually encountered some benine "user unknown" errors when I know
darn well the e-mail address is correct, and it seems to be happeninmg a
lot with some people on my list.  I have to imagine this is a problem with
the internet somewhere aws the same person bounced no other e-mails from
my list at this point in time.

In any event, be weary of removing people from your list if it only
happens once with a particular person.  vt may simply be a temporary
network error.

Glenn