Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 08:01:28 +0200
>> Incidentally, does anyone know if listserv can *automatically* forward
>> a "tell me  about yourself before I  sign you on the  list" message to
>> people  who request  subscription on  a list  that is  subscription to
>> By_owner?

You can accomplish that by:

1. Setting the list to "Subscription= By owner".

2. Changing the  ADDREQ1 mail template to say that  you want the would-be
   subscriber to  answer a few questions,  etc. That template is  sent to
   the list owner  with cc: to the subscriber, when  it reality it should
   be the  opposite, but at  least it will get  the message to  the right
   people. In 1.8b you will be able to add .TO &OWNER cc: &WHOM to change
   this.

If you  add .RE  OWNERS to the  template, the user  can simply  reply and
provide the information. You then add him to the list normally.

  Eric