Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:54:38 -0400
On: Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 01:25:13PM -0400,Gary Greenberg Wrote:

} Very interesting and helpful responses. I first worked to enter the
} commands through the web-interface (no pwd required once I sign in).
}
} 1) Unlike GET (which generates an email), my reply from QUERY is
} delivered to the webscreen.
}
} 2) Unlike GET, it displays email addresses ONLY for subscribers who
} provide no name.
}
} 3) Unlike GET, QUERY tries to give me ALL my users' information, but
} seems to tire out after a few hundred or so (even though the list is
} 3,400+ members, the QUERY response is only 3771 lines long, quite
} short for 11 lines per subscriber).

I have never tried the web interface for a complete list.  Nor have I
ever used the split= parm.  A quick peek at the 14.4 list owners manual
(which can be found on the Lsoft site) shows that you are not using it
correctly.

"To split very large files into manageable chunks, you can specify the
SPLIT=integer parameter. The integer value is the size you want the
chunks to be generated, in kilobytes. For instance if you were ordering
a 2MB notebook log and wanted to break it into 100KB chunks, you would
specify SPLIT=100. This is handy for people whose mail systems place a
limit on the size of an individual mail message that may be received by
a given user."

So try that.  I have no such limit so never needed to split it.  My
larger list returns 531kb from a query.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67