Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:54:25 EDT

>After a further 23 days (i.e. 31 days from the date the message was
>first received), the sender will receive a message to say that the user
>has still not collected mail and that the original mail has been deleted.

 I find this blatently unacceptable.  Why should I be getting bounced
 list mail for 31 days!  Because of this and the fact that all requests
 to demon.ac.uk  to cease this silly activity go unanswered, I am
 in the process of restricting access to our list from this node.

>single Demon out ?  If subscribers to your list don't read it for weeks
>at a time then why are they subscribed in the first place ?

 You are being singled out for your 31 day policy.  That is yours,
 not the subscribers doing.

  --Jim Cocks  Univ. of Louisville  <[log in to unmask]>