Mentor Cana <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 20:45:59 -0400
On Wed, 18 Oct 1995, Sanjay Kapur wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Anita Cohen-Williams wrote:
> What is your University's policy on the use of meeting rooms?  Can
> anyone barge into an official meeting and disrupt it?  If
> your University is hosting a conference or symposium, can anyone come in
> and disrupt those proceedings?
>
> A mailing list should be treated as a virtual meeting room.

  OK.. this is a good point.
  How about if a student at some Univeristy is attending math class.
 Can this student start discussion and a talk about geography or accounting
 while attending the math class? Yes, (s)he can. But, most probably none
 in the class will like that. The students are in the math class to learn
 math. If they want to learn other things, they will take the appropriate
 course.
  Now, if that student repeats the same thing again, the teacher will tell
 him not to interupt his class with unrelated material (discussion).
 Can this student argue that his right to freedom of speach has been taken
 from him?!
  That's why the rules and regullations for our lists exist.

 And, I have a question?

  Is it a RIGHT or PRIVILEGE to have Internet account in the school
  that student is attending?

sincerely,
Mentor (AlbaNews, ALBANIAN)