Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:53:23 -0400
At 02:31 08/19/2002 Monday, Michael Shannon wrote:

 >> SEND= PRIVATE
 >> DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST,REVIEW
 >> EDITOR= primary_poster,secondary_posters
 >> MODERATORS= ALL,primary_poster,secondary_posters
 >>
 >> SET listname POST FOR primary_poster
 >> SET listname POST FOR secondary_posters
 >>
 >> Thus authorized posters would be in REVIEW mode and sent to all
 >> moderators, any of whom could approve.
 >>
 >
 >To further decrease the chance of an outsider posting, wouldn't it be better
 >to set SEND= EDITOR, HOLD?  If I read the 1.8d manual correctly, it appears
 >that having moderators will force LISTSERV to send all pending approvals to
 >the Moderator addresses and not just to the first-listed editor.

In further testing the options, it appears that the ones I have selected
work just like I want.  And though I do not recall if I explicitly stated
it, I wanted all postings from the content providors to be approved by
any of the listed moderators.  The added advantage of the options
selected is that non-authorized posters are bounced.

/Pete