Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 22:35:20 MST
On Thu, 16 Nov 1995 00:07:52 -0500 Mark Hunnibell said:
>Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]> sure did send a lot of messages.  I'm

  Just catching up.  But trying to be careful NOT to duplicate points
that others have made adequately already.  That, of course, is just good
netiquette.

>not sure if he was just trying to get people's blood going or what. But

  Nope, not trying to get anyone going....and not saying anything that
I've not said before here and elsewhere....but some people seem to be
unwilling or unable to get it.  Oh, well. I don't tilt at windmills....
and don't expect some of you to change.

>next time Dan, if you have that much to say, how about putting it all in
>one post, quoting only that what was needed to make the point and even the

    Using Mailbook and this mainframe don't make the compiling into one
"supermessage" easy.  (I refuse to become an xedit geek....sorry)

>grouping the quotes into logical groups that you can then comment on them
>without being redundant.  Just a suggestion based on my personal reaction

  Well, if you think there was redundancy, so be it.  But I did NOT quote
excessively.  In ALL cases there was much LESS quoted than cut.  I'm a
pretty ruthless cutter...as nothing pisses me off more than someone who
quotes a hundred line message and says "me too" at the bottom.

>to getting a series of messages all on the same topic from the same
>person, each saying the same general things, but all making me generally
>uninterested in the message because the format was so disjointed.

  Oh, well....

   Sure, they were related....but they were in several separate threads.

Also, even though folks may get tired of a series of msgs, most get even
MORE tired of one LONG post.

   Win a few....lose a few....

cyclops, listowner and postmaster

  Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
  Albertsons Library, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho 83725 USA
  [log in to unmask]             http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  How can one fool make another wise?  Kansas, "No One Together," 1979