Gabe Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:21:32 -0500
Capital PC User Group (CPCUG), the 5000-member Washington, DC area PC user
group, now has a LISTSERV license for use by its SIGs (special interest
groups) and directors. This may mean 30 or so lists being created, some
broadcast only, some discussion, etc. Some directors and SIG leaders have
experience with mailing lists, a few have owned lists, most are new to
this whole process. Since I've been running a list for a couple years,
I've been nagging/nudging them to get started.

Now that they're getting started, I wonder the most effective/efficient
way to train a bunch of new list owners at once. I'll of course point them
to this list, after a while, but this isn't good for training, just for
questions/problems/etc. Does anyone have training material, FAQs,
whatever, for new list owners -- especially something that could be used
in classroom setting. I figure that as we train internal list owners,
there's also a market for training members to use and run lists.

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc. (703) 556-9121/0906 (FAX)
7718 Iroquois Court, Falls Church VA 22043-2516             [log in to unmask]