Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 23:19:28 -0500
At 07:05 PM 12/29/97 -0500, Mark Hunnibell wrote:

[snip re editor posting with password instead of OK]

>It seems that I am going to have to get fancy to do something that seems to
>me to be simple.  Yes, the OK does a good job of ensuring reliability of
>origin, but it *does* require a human interaction.  I was hoping to avoid
>it getting stopped at a human.

What you want to do *can* be done without human interaction, but apparently
not using just LISTSERV.

One way: make an "auto-editor" on a UNIX shell account on a system where
procmail can be used.  An appropriate procmail recipe could identify requests
for confirmation when received from LISTSERV, decide whether to automatically
approve them or not (based on criteria you set up), and reply with the
appropriate approvals, holding any others for you to look at.

Those criteria could include (for example) previously having received a special
message with a password, meaning "approve Subject xxxx From yyyy when it
arrives from listserv", which you could (I presume) send from the cgi script
on the web site when you send the post.

Just a thought,
Stan