Kimberly Long <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 19:40:48 -0600
I am trying to set my lists up so that when a person sends in a
subscription request, they receive a confirmation email from LISTSERV
(using the OK mechanism) prior to the request being forwarded to me for
approval.  I thought that this was done by setting Subscription to By
Owner, Confirm.  This hasn't achieved the desired results as I tested it
>from an address not known to LISTSERV.  It simply forwarded my request
to the listowner address without going through the validation process.

Below is one of my list's headers.  We are running LISTSERV-TCP/IP
release 1.8c.  Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?  TIA

*
*  Review=          Owners
*  Renewal=         Yearly
*  Subscription=    By Owner,Confirm
*  Send=            private
*  Notify=          Yes
*  Reply-to=        List,Ignore
*  Files=           Yes
*  Validate=        Yes,Confirm
*  Confidential=    No
*  Auto-Delete=   Yes,Manual,Delay(4),Max(100)
*  X-Tags=          Yes
*  Stats=           Normal,Private
*  Ack=             No
*  Notebook=        Yes,/lists/giveback/femrel-l,Weekly,Private
*  Digest=          Yes,Same,Daily,Size(700)
*  Mail-Via=        Dist2
*  Sizelim=         1000
*  Daily-Threshold= 250
*  Default-Options= REPRO, ACK
*
*  Editor=  [log in to unmask]
*  Owner=  [log in to unmask]
*  Owner=  Quiet:
*  Owner=  [log in to unmask] (Kimberly Long)
*  Errors-To= [log in to unmask]
--
Namaste'

Kimberly Long