Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:55:21 -0700
At 01:57 PM 1/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> quiet delete classical '"a 203"@EROLS.COM'
>"a 203"@EROLS.COM is not subscribed to the CLASSICAL list.
>
>> quiet delete classical ''a [log in to unmask]
>Missing parameter - specify a target e-mail address.
>
>> quiet delete classical 'a [log in to unmask]
>a [log in to unmask] is not subscribed to the CLASSICAL list.
>> quiet delete classical [log in to unmask]
>[log in to unmask] is not subscribed to the CLASSICAL list.
>
>As you can see, nothing has worked.  What have I missed here?  I'm
>extremely hesitant to try and edit the subscription list on the fly with a
>get header command.  Here's the result of a query for *@erols.com on my
>list:

>MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received

If that is only subscriber from the site, then just delete with the wild
card like you did to do the query.  Will work  same way.   And my general
practice for looking for things like that is to query for *@*erols.com, so
you find them, no matter which box they're on.

Also, you could probably safely do (or do a query first) for *203*@*erols.com

dan