David Gilles-Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 23:05:49 -0400
> >I am setting up a list, and wondered if it is possible to have a message
> >sent *automatically* to anyone who attempts to subscribe, stating that
> >subscriptions are forwarded to me for approval, and listing the
> >requirements for subscription.
>
> The option "Subscription= BY_OWNER" should do it.

But will this tell the potential subscriber what information I need
to confirm their subscription (what I need is a statement of their
professional status, where they work, etc).  Does the BY_OWNER option
send anything back to the potential subscriber, and, if it does,
how can I customize what it sends?

David Gilles-Thomas, Ph.D.                        [log in to unmask]
                 http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~dgthomas/
        Counseling Center, State University of New York at Buffalo
   Self-Help URL: gopher://wings.buffalo.edu:70/11/student-life/ccenter