"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 16:48:01 -0400

>At 02:42 PM 9/4/1997 EDT, Trista wrote:
>>On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:50:00 -0400 Alperin, Glenn said:
>>
>>>I will send the subscriber list to people on my list
>>
>>  :)  That's livable.
>>                         Trista
>
>I hope you tell your subscribers in advance that you are going to send  the
>subscribers list to people on your list and give them the opportunity to
>change to "concealed" if they want to protect their privacy.
>
>Our policy is to forward a message from a subscriber to another subscriber
>who's ID is unknown to the first subscriber thus giving the recipient the
>opportunity of replying should they wish. (Yeah - We recognize that they
>can pick up ID's by following the list - but it takes a much bigger time
>investment.  This also helps explain why there are so many 'lurkers.')
>
>We favor subscribers over spammers.
>
>But it is your list thus your choice.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I will not send the subscriber list,
or the text file containing the introductions for the people on my list, to
any member of my list who does not first give an introduction of
themselves on my list.  As it has previously been noted by a few people,
my policy towards introductions will not work effectively in every single
list.  In particular, if a list were to have a large number of subscribers
very quickly, this would make very little sense.

Glenn