Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:59:15 -0400
>Hi there
>
>Can someone please tell me how to set up an auto responder message
>within an announce only listserv list? An auto responder needs to be
>sent to the subscriber when they try to reply back.
>
>Thanks
>Nevena.

Depending on how you have things set up (a copy of your mailing list
header would be useful in this regard), this may be the mailing list
template you need to alter:

- POST_EDITOR (linear): this is the message LISTSERV sends to people
   attempting to post to the list, if it is moderated. The default is
   "Your &MESSAGE has been submitted to the moderator of the &LISTNAME
   list: &MBX(&MODERATOR)."

Chapter 9 of the List Owner's Manual describes in detail how to
modify a mailing list's mail templates.  A list of the available
templates can be found in section 9.4.2.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc