John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 18:41:00 -0400
Here's another mystery:  I got the following error message based on part of
the HTML-coded text in my header:

>Invalid RFC822 address - list. Recipient ignored.
>
>Invalid RFC822 address - those. Recipient ignored.
>-> * the list owners, American University, the Interlochen Alumni
>
>Header lines must be grouped at the  beginning of the file; they may not be
>interspersed with  recipients. Note that you  will get this message  if you
>attempt to update a list you had retrieved via the REVIEW command. You must
>not do that because the subscribers'  options would be lost in the process,
>and concealed subscribers  would be silently removed from  the list. Always
>use the GET command when you plan to update the list.
>
>PUT operation rejected, old list remains unchanged.

Here's the part of the header I sent that caused that error:

* function of Interlochen Center for the Arts.  Opinions expressed on the
list * are solely those of the persons posting them, and not necessarily
those of
* the list owners, American University, the Interlochen Alumni
* Organization, or Interlochen Center for the Arts.

<snip>

Any guesses on that one?  Why would the software think that there was an
RFC822 address somewhere in that text?  Thanks.

-- John