Mercedes Gimenez <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:43:21 +0100
Hello again. Paul Karagianis has give me the solution for the problem whith
sender in Netscape.
Regards,

>>From postmast  Wed Jan 19 16:30:33 2000
>From: "Paul Karagianis" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Mercedes Gimenez <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:30:15 -0500
>Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] How to force listserv/spool  ?
>

>I have no idea if the following is current or useful.  -Kary

Yes. It is :-)

>(Begin "netscape faq")
>
>You have an invalid "sender:" field in the below message you sent to
>the SJU Listserv automaton.  The following is the best information I
>have that is specific enough to point you to a correction.
>
>                                              -Kary

>Date sent:      02 Oct 1999 22:54:15 -0600
>
>Here's an update for your "netscape faq":
>
>There is a bug in many versions of Netscape running under Unix: they
>put the Unix username in the "Sender:" field without any hostname.
>Then, the LISTSERV software rejects messages because they aren't
>strictly RFC822 compliant.
>
>As a workaround, close Netscape, open `~/.netscape/preferences.js'
>with a text editor, and add a line that says:
>
>user_pref("mail.suppress_sender_header", true);
>
>From then on, Netscape won't generate the "Sender:" header, and your
>message will be RFC822 compliant.
>
>--
> Gordon Matzigkeit <[log in to unmask]>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
>Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)
>
>(End "netscape faq")

Postmaster de la U.A.M.                      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Servicio de Informática
Fac. de Económicas, E-VI-110
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Crta. de Colmenar, Km. 15                     Fax : +34  91  397 39 14
E-28049 Cantoblanco.España (SPAIN)