Vickie Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 12:46:38 -0400
One of our new lists is entirely in French.  While we have it set to send
through messages in French fine, the subscribers would like to be able to
subscribe and send other commands with French accented characters in them.
For example most of them have some sort of accent in their name.  Listserv
seems to reject these commands.

I told them I thought it couldn't be done, but I thought I'd check.  Is
there any way to get Listserv to subscribe someone using accented
characters in the name, or accept other commands where some component is a
non-standard character?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Vickie Banks
H-NET Technical Assistance