Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:50:33 -0500
Petrus J Martins wrote:
>>The reason I asked is cause we're trying to send out an email to
>>students giving them information and we don't want our email to get
>>bulked up with replies, instead we want students to come in or call if
>>they have any questions. I ended up setting up an account used for
>>just sending like suggested. Thanks for all other suggestions

Well, they *are* going to reply, and they *will* be upset that you didn't
read their replies (you said you don't want to read any replies) and
respond.  Doesn't matter what you say in the "noreply" email, they *will*
do it and *will* be upset at their replies being ignored.  They would much
prefer sending an email reply over physically going to your office or
hanging around for lord knows how long trying to wade through your
automated phone system (if you have one), or being "on hold" for ten or
fifteen minutes.

I think that you should accept email replies.

Douglas Winship    [log in to unmask]