Adam Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:24:23 -0700
Hi all,

I've had a terrible time trying to dig up some of these error messages from flaky hosts. Following is an example:

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:03:44 -0400
From: [log in to unmask] (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Failed mail

   ===== transcript follows =====

TO: [log in to unmask] [550 <[log in to unmask]> not accepted]

That's it!

As you can see, they give me no information. Of course no SANCTUM.COM or MARLOWE.NET domains are found for any of our lists. And I've done every conceivable search string on both these domains and user names with no luck.

I know there's a way to look at my LSMTP logs and Listserv logs (or perhaps the LSMTP queue) to investigate these. Can anyone give me some tips on discovering the real problem with cryptic error messages?

Thanks much,
Adam Audette