Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 09:35:50 -0400
I had one fellow threaten me multiple times with lawsuits, even though I
repeatedly challenged him to tell me what basis in law he had for his
position.  He claimed that his attorney "assured" him that there was a
sound basis.  I then one day wrote to him "have your attorney phone me
and we'll discuss the basis of your suit" and his response was "how dare
you expect me to spend money on an attorney when you should be agreeing
with me anyway".  His annoying messages to me stopped soon thereafter.

Sometimes it pays to politely call their bluff.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]