Thu, 23 Oct 1997 21:29:11 GMT
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:45:09 -0400, in message:
<[log in to unmask]>, Pete Weiss
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jason:
>
> I stand by what I said in the context of my understanding of the question
> and the questioner.

        That is fine, but the question was ``what is required to set
up a bi-directional newsgroup to mailing list gateway'', my
understanding is that this person does not want to use the existing
gateway (or gateways), but wants to set up a gateway themselves...

> Furthermore, you make several implicit assumptions about network access of
> the subscribers which I do not think relates to the issues at hand.

        May you tell me what implicit assumptions I have made?
Especialy the ones that I made that ``do not relate to the issues at
hand''?  I do hope that I made all of my assuptions explicit, but if I
haven't I am most sorry...

> Again, SEARCH THE ARCHIVES:
>
> http://eva.dc.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?S2=lstown-l&q=american+gateway&s=&f=&
> a=may+1997&b=
>
> There are 20 matches since May.

        Again, *I* don't think that this applies to the issue at hand.
Even if it DOES relate to the issue at hand (original issue), I would
be GREATLY intrested in what it would take to set up a gateway from a
local newsgroup to a mailing list, and back (ie. bi-directional).  I
am NOT talking about setting up on American, or talking about setting
up so that my list can be read on usenet in general, I am talking
about setting up a local (ie. on my machine only), newsgroup, and a
linked mailing list (subscribable by anyone who I can get mail back
and forth on my machine).

                                        Jason Rasku

--
Intrested in hand made textiles and more?
Visit <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>