"M. Rups (lstown-l)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 19:41:00 -0500
 (With apologies ahead of time -- I got me a new mailer, here, affectionately
known as the Mailer from Hell, and it's doing weird things) (not just like the
daemon who automagically changed w I erd to weird and changed a minuscule
letter eye to a capital one, quelle chutzpah!, yet does NOT catch words like
"speling" <grin>, but is creating strange characters and line breaks in list
mail ... We're working on it; meanwhile, your patience and understanding
is appreciated.)

>Now THAT's amusing :-)  I've had some back and forth correspondence with

 <with great innocence> But ... but ... wouldn't Bill *like* to be on lstown-l?  And
surely Newtie would revel in being subscribed to pagan-l.

>With a tiny bit of luck, someone may convince Congress that SPAM is just as
>bad as indecency (if not worse) and extend the same legal sanctions to mass
>emailing that exist for mass faxing.

True, but what I'm afraid of is that the gummint is going to come in and heavy
handedly impose all sorts of unwanted and unneeded regulations on a medium
whereof it knows nothing, and at the urging of an ignorant public that is
convinced that the Net is a hot-bed of kiddie pornographers just waiting to
drag their sons, their daughters into the arms of a jungle animal instinct ...

Erm, sorry, getting spacy.  And now I'll have the Pool Hall tune from Music Man
running in my head all night, betcha.

What I mean to say is that I'd MUCH rather try to police this from the inside,
cooperatively, and through use of various tweakings and patches to the existing
technology.

>/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (860) 486-2489 voice

Mario Rups, whose next act is to exercise the spelling daemon