Bruce Dienes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 03:09:39 -0600
LSTOWN-L'ers

Does anyone know of a way to permit a listserv list to accept posts from
another listserv list?  Currently, we have a "pseudo list" (Quaker-M) to
which we are directing posts for a second list (Quaker-L) to moderators.

We are also using it to direct error messages and notifications from the
other list.  This is so that list owners can go "quiet:" simply by
setting their "pseudo list" subscription to NOMAIL without having to go
to the bother of GETting and PUTting the header.

The problem is that all the error messages are intercepted, and instead
of being sent to the list of subscribers of the pseudo-list (in this
case equivalent to the list owners) it is sent to the list owners
directly (quaker-m-request) and the "NOMAIL" of course has no effect.

The pseudo list idea works perfectly for the moderator function,
because, of course, the posts do not come from a listserv, but from
subscribers.  Anyone have a magic header command to permit listservs to
post to listservs?  I tried removing the filter, but that didn't work...

Bruce Dienes
Quaker-L, Quaker-P, Quaker-M

BITNET list server at UIUCVMD