Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:55:07 -0400
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Winship wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Brian Lingard wrote:
> > Have you ever had someone complain about not receiving a response to their
> > subscribe request?
>
> Yep.  Usually a problem with their system, or they've used the wrong
> address.  A few times haven't been really sure, but problem on their end
> nine out of ten.

   Brian, by far the most common of these problems we have seen here is a
"Reply-to:" in their mail that looks something like: "Reply-to: @isp.addr"
on sub requests.  I'm not sure these are transfered to the owner, but they
are transfered to the Listserv Maintainer.  I would look in that person's
mail headers first.

--trish
Trish Forrest
Queen's University