Molly Beane <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:14:30 -0400
Hello Douglas,

At 08:59 AM 4/23/01 , you wrote:
 >Note that if you put the list on HOLD all the items which are held will
 >be released when you FREE the list, including infrcted items.  Unless
 >you change your Send= setup so you will get to preview all the held
 >items when released the stuff will still be delivered, just later than
 >it would have been.
 >
 >Do you have a sizelimit?  Attachments= NO  ?  etc.?

yes, thank you, I have all these, plus etc's, set

the list itself is not receiving the virus mailings and attachments
it "replies" to individual postings, sending a faked reply to the
individual addresses, not the list

I was thinking that a Hold would buy some time for those already infected
to clean up their computers, hence this new worm won't have more new
postings to cull and "Reply" to.  Otherwise it might take quite a while
before every last member of the list has stopped opening up old mail,
including attachments they should have just deleted.

I'm also thinking that the only way to get a new IP address is to have
one's ISP give you one, some are kinder about this than others, but they
should be motivated to do it just to cut down the hacker access the Trojan
part of this enables.

thanks,
Molly