Tim Rushing <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Jan 1993 08:42:51 PST
Eric Thomas asked what the point of having digests was if
they were going to be under 1000 lines.  I can think of one
reason.  There are two digests I read on Usenet instead of
subscribing.  Unfortunately the Usenet feed to my university
cuts off all messages over 1500 lines.  At least twice a
week the are digests that are cut off.  My guess is that
if it were easier to create digests, more of them might
make it on to Usenet.  I don't know if the 1500 line limit
exiests only on some systems, or on most.

Tim Rushing ([log in to unmask])
Washington State University