Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:04:38 -0500
Some blacklist operators will blacklist a site which has taken action to
prevent testing by the blacklist operator. I do not know whether this
blacklist operator would act in that manner, but I, for one, am not going
to risk having our campus list server blacklisted by blocking tests from
this or any other blacklist operator. We have already been through the
pain of having our campus mail server blacklisted because it was an open
mail relay, and I have no desire to revisit that bit of unpleasantness.
Been there, done that, got the scars - but no t-shirt - to prove it.

This is not an invitation for a flame war over the (de)merits of open relay
and/or open list testing. The greasy spot where that dead horse used to lay
gets more than enough flogging on the spam-l list.

-- pdr

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator