Nelly Yusupova <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:47:05 -0800
Hi,

Has anyone had any problems naming a list more than 32 characters
(but definitely less than 70 characters)?  We have a naming
convention we would like to follow and having list names of 32
characters or less means we will have a bunch of list names not
following our convention.

In the Listserv documentation it says:
PLEASE NOTE CAREFULLY that L-Soft recommends using names of 32
characters or less whenever possible as they provide for correct
alignment of the results returned by certain commands. Very long list
names are likely to conflict with mail system limits ...  As a rule,
list names in excess of 70 characters are likely to result in mail
delivery problems.

Please send me your comments and suggestions.
Thanks!

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633