Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:50:50 -0700
We've seen this periodically on the maelstrom listserver.

A message gets submitted for approval as originating from owner-<listname> and
contains garbage.  Another owner I work with isolated a repeatable instance of
this.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has seen this and know exactly what is
causing it.  The only potential quirk that stands out is that the list address
is also (redundantly) being CC'd.

Tanx, Randy

?-^*¢K??¤@MÓâÔã×@?-?@Ö-?*åÔâ@¥ñKñ?]@¦?£^@âÔã×@??@LõKóñôÄÁøÄô|????¢£?-?K¢£
?-^*¢K??¤n^@Æ??k@÷@Á-?@òððð@øzðózñö@`ðôðð
>Ù?f??¥??z@??-?@?-???`óóK,??????¤?K????¤-K--?Kf-K¤?@M­öòKñóöKöøKóó½@^?
?-~©-?-???¢-*]
<next 40 lines all the same thing snipped>

Message that causes the above message to be generated:
>This message was originally  submitted by <username>@ZOEP.FREESERVE.CO.UK to
>the RSDLIFE list at MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU. You  can approve it using the "OK"
>mechanism,  ignore it,  or repost  an edited  copy. The  message will expire
>automatically and you do not need to  do anything if you just want to discard
>it. Please refer to  the list owner's guide if you are  not familiar with the
>"OK" mechanism; these instructions are being kept purposefully short for your
>convenience in processing large numbers of messages.
>
>----------------- Original message (ID=0A79BDDD) (97 lines) -------------------
>From: "Zoe Pearson" <<username>@zoep.freeserve.co.uk>
>To: "RSDLife Digest" <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: <[log in to unmask]>