Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:40:31 -0600
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:09:24 -0400, Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can I just copy each spawned-list log file to the end of the
>original-list log file (listserv site maintainer operation)?

Yes, this should work, providing the period of the message archives (weekly
or monthly) is the same for both lists.

>How would I cause the index(es) and web archives to be rebuilt?

Delete the (2 or 3) listname.DB* files in the list message archive
directory.
Delete all the listname.IND* in the list web directory (different directory
from the oabove).

GET/PUT the List Header of the list.  (will rebuild the listname.IND* files)
Perform a search on anything in the archives (will rebuild the listname.DB*
files)