Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 11:22:38 -0400
>At 14:28 9/28/98 GMT+0, Peter Robinson said:
>|Pete - I meant that I had not specified this as a keyword in the list header
>|since the Listserv manual suggests that the default is "To Owner" (i.e. me)
>|anyway.  What is most perplexing is that I do get some errors of incorrect
>|addresses reported back to me but, as I said in my previous e-mail, not all.
>
>Some broken email systems are not RFC compliant and generate bounces to
>the original email sender and not the MAIL FROM:<OWNER-listname@listhost>
> (which then "maps" to the ERRORS-TO= listname definition keyword).
>
>What is the value of your * AUTO-DELETE= field ?
>
>/P

I was about to suggest looking at * Auto-Delete=.  (No, honestly!)

LISTSERV recognizes and attempts to deal with some bounces itself unless
autodeletion is turned off.  Therefore you wouldn't get bounces from some
new users with invalid addresses; instead they'd show up in the daily
subscription monitoring report you'd get.  Look in the LISTKEYW MEMO file
for more information on the * Auto-Delete keyword.

-jwgh