Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 08:59:51 -0400
Hi. Actually, I have a separate list for errors and for admin messages..so
for now, she is listed as an owner..and quietly..and is also subscribed to
the admin and error sublists..and then when I leave, she will go "mail" on
these lists instead of nomail, and will be able to deal with errors. : /
Hope there aren't too many. When I think it over, i guess that i really do
not need to have her quiet..since the admin and errors are handled on
separate sublists. My temporary co owner is a listowner for another list on
the same computer, so she already has a password. So it all works out,
except that the quiet thing was superfluous, I guess.

Looking forward to getting away from the effluvia.. : ) Kathleen

At 12:14 AM 6/24/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, Robert Alan Harris wrote:
>> Kathleen --
>> Try the following configuration in the list header.  All addresses listed
>> after the "quiet" line will have all the priviledges of listowning
>> without the burden of the daily effluvia.
>>
>> *  Owner= regular-owner@address
>> *  Owner= Quiet:
>> *  Owner= quiet-owner@address
>
>Kathleen, note that the default is for errors and "listname-request"
>items to go to the "nonquiet" owners (errors only to the first listed
>address, requests to all nonquiets as I recall).  This means that you
>can't have someone as a fill-in listowner, set to quiet, with access
>to the errors and other administrivia unless you go to extra pains to
>set it up that way.
>
>You can put in a specific address for the Errors= keyword, so what you
>could do is have a separate account, only for errors and request items,
>put in that address for the Errors=  keyword and make it the first listed
>owner, all others being quiet.  The fill-in person can then log in to that
>account at need and take care of things without being bothered with the
>stuff in his/her regular account.  Keep in mind, those things have to
>go somewhere, so you really should have someone dealing with them while
>you are gone, even if it's only to delete them as they come in so the
>account doesn't get clogged.  The really serious errors will continue
>so you can take care of them when you get back.
>
>If you want to leave your address as that which gets the errors and
>the "requests" but allow the quiet fill-in person to have access to
>the stuff, well, umm, give 'em the password to your account.
>
>Douglas
>       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
>                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
>                              MEDLAB-L

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet, LLLOL, Corgi-L
Independent Consultant with Excellent Sense of Humor : D
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html
LACTNET archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html