Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 17:25:27 EST
On Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:48:29 -0600 Susan King said:
>Actually, I was thinking about this... and perhaps we are BIG enough to
>implement this.

My personal opinion is that any list over 100-250 non-local subscribers
is big enough for this.  :)

>My understanding is that it will send out a RENEWAL notice... (is this in one
>of the TEMPLATES???) and they must reply with an OK within 48 hours. If they
>don't, the listserv will delete their subscription...

That's what Delay(n) is for.  n is in days, so if Delay(7), then they have
a week to respond.  This differs from the 48h on command confirmation
requests.

>Then 1100+ renewal notices and responses could also cause an  increase workload
>on the listserv wouldn't it... We wouldn't want all the lists doing it on the
>same days! <GRIN>

Depending on what you're using for outgoing mail, no, you probably wouldn't.

> PC> ( this format renews EVERYONE on those dates - the n-monthly format
> PC>   is relative to date subscribed - i think ) ( you should set any
> PC> newsgroup subscriptions to NORENEW first ! )

It's relative to the last time the subscription saw activity, e.g., last
post to the list, last update of user options, etc.  And yes, anything
that looks like a newsgroup, remailer, or redistribution list should be
QUIET SET NORENEW.

Nathan