Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 16:48:14 CST
On Sat, 31 Dec 1994 16:13:00 -0600, Winship <[log in to unmask]> said:
>On Sat, 31 Dec 1994, Claudia Dizenzo wrote:
>> >You are not authorized to GET (CTL format) file "CFS-Y FILELIST" from
>> >filelist LISTSERV.
>>      Why isn't this working?  How can it be that I'm not authorized?
>> How do I *get* authorized?
>>      If anyone can help, I'd be really appreciative!  Thank you!
>Could be any of a number of things.  First would be what does the FAC
>say?

Bingo.  The PUT authorization for CFS-Y FILELIST in LISTSERV FILELIST
on LISTSERV@GITVM1 is CTL.  That means that only GIT LISTSERV Postmasters
have the authority to modify it.  If your LISTSERV maintainer wants you
to have the authority to modify it, he/she will have to change that
FAC to OWN.

Also, something that is probably clouding the issue:  There's an entry in
CFS-Y FILELIST that looks like:
   CFS-Y FILELIST ALL CFS ...

This entry is completely irrelevant.  LISTSERV will not honor it when
deciding who can modify CFS-Y FILELIST.  It will only pay attention to the
filelist definition in LISTSERV FILELIST.

But, even if it did, the FAC is not defined properly.  The FAC is defined
as:
   *: CFS = 'PAUL@GITVM1',

Aside from the fact that that's not your real address, a FAC definition
should look something like:
   *+ CFS= PAUL@GITVM1
   *+ CFS= [log in to unmask]   Claudia Dizenzo

Bill