Alan Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 13:21:34 -0400

Eleftheria Maratos-Flier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> But why would you both want to get error messages?  How would you
> know if your co-owner had already acted on it?  Wouldn't you
> rather just switch on and off?

The point in having two people receiving errors is that if one is
suddenly taken ill or out of town, the other can take care of things
-- especially if they copy one another on mail they send to listserv.
Or they can switch off on alternate days, etc. without changing the
list header.  I consider changing the list header a "dangerous
operation" that I do only when I have to.  It's too easy to make a
mistake and delete the header, or create a problem that isn't easily
fixed without calling on the help of an overworked listserv manager.

 -Alan Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>, on of the
  UUS-L Administrators <[log in to unmask]> for the
  Unitarian Universalist Discussion List