Bruce Dienes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:12:39 -0400
I'm assuming that the "relay" error occurs because mail from a LISTSERV list uses the list address as the To: line, meaning that the server will see that the message is neither from nor addressed to any address in its domain, and so assumes it is a relay. Is there any standard protocol for servers to identify list mail correctly? Should I be referring their postmasters to a specific RFC and request them to reconfigure their setup?

Bruce