"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:29:02 -0500
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Michele Jackson wrote:

> One of my subscribers is complaining that her disgest does not have the
> number of messages advertised. She seems to be the only one who is having
> this problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Her example is below:
>
> >There are 31 messages totalling 1371 lines in this issue.
> >
> >Topics of the day:
> >
> >  1. If You Were A Tarot Deck. . . . . . . (2)
> >  2. TAROT and the MILLENNIUM--review
> >  3. Fw: Re: If You Were A Tarot Deck. . . . . . .
> >  4. Help with Spreads?
> >  5. Crystals and cleansing....
> >  6. Apology
> >  7. Crystals & Cleansing decks
> >  8. terminology (2)
> >  9. POMO (3)
> > 10. Jamie Shea's take on "If You Were A Tarot Deck" (2)
> > 11. Response to George - NOT Phil's original thread (5)
> > 12. If I were a tarot deck continued-Jamie's posting of a private exchange
> > 13. Generalities (4)
> > 14. 8 and 11
> > 15. high priestess
> > 16. Everybody play nice...
> > 17. Those 2 Extra Cards and Storage
> > 18. If I were a tarot deck
> > 19. Cleansing Rituals

Have you explained to your subscriber that 19 here is the number of
*topics*, not the total number of posts? If there is more than one post on
a topic, there will be more total posts than total topics. The heading
"Topics of the Day" indicates only the different subject lines represented
in this digest, not the total number of posts on those 19 topics.