Wes Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:29:40 -0500
Rich:

Thanks for the response.  To answer your question, no... the first word of
the first line is not a listserv command.

The first line is "It's time to renew" (unquoted).  I have also used "Hello
member, it's time to renew" (also unquoted).

The curious (and frustrating) thing is the path I've gone through to check
out the problem.

1.       The first test went through okay, but I had inadvertently put html
code in the "text" top banner so of course the test e-mail came through
showing the html code.
2.      I then cut and pasted the html code into the "html" top banner and
sent the same e-mail.  It was rejected.  So, I thought the problem was in
the top banner which says, This notice has been sent by an automated
listserv process. You are on this list - TSTRNL-L. To unsubscribe, please
see the instructions at the bottom of this notice.
3.        However, I played around with the top banner with no success - 6
more rejections.
4.       I then put the top banner back to it's original form (per pt. 2)
and changed the body of the e-mail to simply say... "This is the only line
of text in the body."  This e-mail went through successfully.
5.       I then tried putting in different versions of the text in the main
body, to no avail - 3 more rejections.

Based on the testing it would almost seem as though the problem is the
relationship between the top banner and the main body of the e-mail since
neither one nor the other seems to be the sole cause of the rejections.  The
only other factor is possibly the mail package I'm using - MS Outlook 2002.
I've had no problems when sending a text message from the listserv site.

Any other insight on this problem?

Thanks again.

...Wes Anderson