Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:02:37 -0500
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Ben Parker wrote:
> >Send= Editor
> >Editor= me@myaddress,(LISTNAME)
> >
> >Does that work the same in 1.8d as in prior releases or will all
> >items for approval be of the "ok" type?
>
> This will result in OK-confirm messages coming to the Editor/Moderator.  I
> don't remember how any version prior to 1.8b handled this, but this is the
> same as back that far as far as I can recall.

Ok, I left out  Default-options= review

I've been using that for years (since 1.7e ? f ?).  Items from
nonsubscribers are "forward" approval and items from those set review are
"ok" approval.  Is that retained or is everything now an "ok" approval?

I'll phrase it diferently.  Does the "forward" approval technique
exist in 1.8d ?

Just to be sure there is no confusion, we are not talking about confirming
a subscription nor anything else, *only* about approving an item submitted
for distribution to the list, be it from a nonsubscriber, a subscriber set
to review or a subscriber set noreview who does something odd which causes
the item to come to me for approval.

Douglas