Bob Ponterio <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 07:50:29 -0500
One of our subscribes had a rejected posting whose rejection message has me
a bit confused.  Our list, FLTEACH, has  Attachments= No.  Here is the
message from LISTSERV:

>From: "L-Soft list server at University at Buffalo (1.8e)"
>Date: Fri Jan 9, 2004  6:55:38  PM America/Montreal
>Subject: Rejected posting to [log in to unmask]
>
>Your posting to  the FLTEACH list has been rejected  because it contains an
>attachment of type 'TEXT/ENRICHED'. The FLTEACH list has been configured to
>reject   such    attachments;   please   contact   the    list   owner  at
>[log in to unmask] for  more information. Logic error in
>BAD_ATTACHMENT template.

I have two questions.  I assume that the "attachment of type
'TEXT/ENRICHED'" is related to the way format information is handled in the
subscriber's mail software because she copy of this rejection message to me
contained the headers:

I don't see separate parts in her message, but there are some words that
are in bold, so I guess this is the "attachment" that LISTSERV is seeing.

My second question is about the "Logic error in BAD_ATTACHMENT template."
We've never modified the Bad Attachment Template, so I am wondering what
might be causing this line from the template to print. Of course, I also
worry that if there is one problem in the bad attachment template, there
might be something more serious wrong with the way the message is being
handled.

TIA,
Bob

_____
  Robert Ponterio : [log in to unmask]
  Co-Owner & Moderator FLTEACH : [log in to unmask]
  Foreign Language Teaching Forum  http://www.cortland.edu/flteach/
  State Univ. of New York Cortland