Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:25:40 -0600
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:58:00 -0400, Peacenet Balkans Desk
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can something be added to the SEArch command so that it doesn't truncate at
>100 file names? (I'd like search * in <listname> to return al the files
>posted to the list since its inception.) Thanks  --  ed

No.  As a matter of resource conservation LISTSERV will only return the first
100 matching entries (in an email search, for WWW the limit is 50).  You must
perform successive searches to get all matching entries.  Note your search
command is ridiculously broad, and will probably return all messages ever posted
to the list.  The whole purpose of the search is to narrow the choices down to
only a few.